Windows 10 update KB5007253 is now available for Insiders
Microsoft has released another update for Windows Insiders in the release preview channel that is currently testing Windows 10 releases. Removed fixes are likely to end up in next month’s Patch Tuesday updates. The Windows manufacturer today released Windows 10 KB5007253, Build 19044.1381 for version 21H2 testers and Build 19043.1381 for version 21H1 users.
Today’s Windows 10 Update KB5007253 provides the following fix:
We fixed an issue that could affect devices that use Windows Hello for Business and are Azure Active Directory (AD) joined. These devices may experience issues when accessing local resources, such as file shares or websites.
However, today’s release also contains fixes that were released earlier in the week up to version 19044.1379, including the following:
- We fixed an issue that affected the opening of the SearchFilterHost.exe to treat.
- We fixed an issue that is causing search indexer.EXE to keep the user search database descriptors in the path below after logging out: “C: Users username AppData Roaming Microsoft Search Data Applications “. search indexer.EXE stops working and duplicate profile names are created.
- We have added support for DST cancellation for the Republic of Fiji for 2021.
- We fixed an issue that prevented the enrollment status page (ESP) from showing the error message or remediation options after a failure.
- We added the -CD argue to wsl.exe to specify a Windows or Linux path as the startup directory for the Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL).
- We fixed an issue that failed to automatically apply Machine GPOs on startup or in the background to devices in a domain that have certain processors.
- We have added the ability to configure an Internet Protocol Version 4 (IPv4) Maximum Transmission Unit (MTU) of less than 576 bytes on an interface.
- We fixed an issue that failed to provide an event description for System Center – Operations Manager.
- We fixed an issue that could prevent the 32-bit version of Microsoft Excel from working on devices with certain processors when exporting to PDF.
- we have activated at unloading events to create pop-ups in Microsoft Edge Internet Explorer mode.
- We fixed an issue that affected predictive pre-rendering in Microsoft Edge Internet Explorer mode.
- We fixed an issue that prevented Internet Explorer from working.
- We fixed an issue that caused the Settings page to close unexpectedly after uninstalling a font.
- We fixed a memory leak in ctfmon.exe this happens when you switch between different edit clients.
- We fixed a known issue that caused error codes 0x000006e4, 0x0000007c, or 0x00000709 when connecting to a shared remote printer on a Windows print server.
- We fixed an issue that disabled the screenshot and recording features on the Windows Game Bar due to a service failure.
- We fixed an issue that could cause the return value of GetOrderLineA () be lowercase in some developer scenarios.
- We fixed an issue that could cause decryption of a file on a remote server to fail. This problem occurs when using the Encrypted File System (EFS) on the remote server and the error message is “ERROR_DECRYPTION_FAILED”.
- We fixed an issue that caused Windows Defender Application Control to incorrectly compare two file version numbers.
- We have enabled credentials for Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS) users in Quick Assist.
- We fixed an issue that sometimes prevented Quick Assist users from using full screen view after starting a Remote Assistance session.
- We fixed an issue that prevented apps you use often from appearing in the Start menu and prevents you from configuring them to appear in the Start menu using Group Policy.
- We fixed an issue that prevented your device from starting up and it was unresponsive due to licensing API calls.
Don’t know which version you are using? Type “winner“in the Windows search box on the taskbar and you should either“ Version 21H2 ”or“ Version 21H1. ”See the official blog post for Windows Insiders for more details.